Tis The Season . . .  

Sunday, October 26, 2008

For Steve and his family hunting season is better than Christmas. It's really not even a comparison for Steve. His dad and brothers talk about it and anticipate openning morning much like I do Christmas morning. It comes complete with traditions of egg gravy on toast and cutting of the orange when shots are missed. We've really had a fun time seeing everyone and spending some time in the wide outdoors. Fred and Jeannine are so nice to let us bombard their house for the week (or weeks) of the hunt.



This picture is of Steve's buck. He shot it openning morning, something he probably won't do again unless it's a "monster buck". It was a nice 3x4 though and the boys sure thought it was fun to actually see the deer before he shot. Bronsen told his dad, "They have horns, shoot!"


Sorry to all of those who are not used to all of the carnage that is associated with hunting season. I tried to crop out what I could. Hope I haven't offended anyone with all the blood, guts and carcasses.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 comments: to “ Tis The Season . . . ”

  • Jay Jones
    October 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

    Looks like a very successful hunt! Good job Snyders!! That's so cute that Bronson was like, "They have horns, shoot!" What a little man! Congratulations!

  • Walkers
    October 28, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

    Way to go Snyders! Looks like you'll have plenty of meat for your freezers!

  • CK Black Family
    October 30, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

    nice...love the blood and carnage. it's part of hunting, you can't crop that out! Congrats on what I call a very successful hunting season!!!

  • Francom Family
    October 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

    what a fun hunt. It looks like everyone came out a winner. I love Bronson wanting to shoot anything with horns too funny. By the way I saw his halloween costumn, Ging I don't know how you do it, you are amazing.

  • Me
    November 2, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

    You need to come hunting here. There is no limit on how many bucks you can shoot in the season, my neighbor says you have to keep it under 3 a day. He's got 8 so far. And the hunt goes on FOREVER. I keep telling him that my friends and family would love to have those kind of hunting circumstances...

    How are you feeling?

  • Me
    November 2, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

    You need to come hunting here. There is no limit on how many bucks you can shoot in the season, my neighbor says you have to keep it under 3 a day. He's got 8 so far. And the hunt goes on FOREVER. I keep telling him that my friends and family would love to have those kind of hunting circumstances...

    How are you feeling?