BOYS AND PUPPIES
Thursday, April 10, 2008
BRONSEN'S FOUR NOW
Bronsen got a new bike for his present from us. He's so exited to ride it down the hill and brake hard leaving skid marks behind him. It's so much fun watching him grow up and seeing how naturally being a boy is. They joys they find.
ANOTHER BOY!
Speaking of boy things to do. Our crazy Parker just loves hats, gloves, boots, etc. It is totally crazy. Last night Steve was wrestling with the boys during the commercials of the show he was watching. Between commercials Parker went to get "geared up". He's either going to be quite the wrestler or the kid everyone fears will bring a gun to school. We're hoping and praying for the former.
FOR THE LOVE OF PUPPIES!!!!
So I have what I think is about the funniest puppy story in the world. Steve's parents' dog ran away while they were in Cabo a couple of months ago, so they finally replaced it with another little lab mix. A couple of days after getting the puppy they were headed to Phoenix and asked if we could puppy sit their little dog. That's where things started going down hill. They dropped him off around 6:30 a.m. we introduced him to our lab, Haley, and they seemed to get along together well. After the kids played with him for a while and he had two separate accidents on my carpet he went outside to spend the day with Haley. At 10:00 I had to go get Bronsen from preschool and run some errands. When I got home around 11:00 I went in the back yard to check on the puppy. As I turned the corner of the house the puppy was flying through the air and landed on the concrete sidewalk. He had climbed from the deck onto the brick ledge that went about 5-6 ft. up our house. So after getting the puppy settled I went on with my day. Until I heard a terrible yelping sound coming from the back yard. There sure enough the puppy was crying and bleeding and carrying on. Our dog Haley had bit his ear quite badly. So I cleaned him up, and needing to go visiting teaching I locked him in the downstairs bathroom.
Later that night we reintroduced the dogs and after sufficient monitoring and evidence that our dog was behaving herself, we let them spend the evening and night playing in the backyard together. The next day Steve decided that this was finally the weekend he was going to cash in on the promise he wrangled out of me that he got a boat if he was going to live in Blanding. So after the puppies had played together all day without any problems we called Steve's parents to ask if it was okay to leave them in the fenced yard for the weekend. They said yes, and we headed down to join them in Phoenix.
When we returned Monday morning there was no sign of the puppy. In a panic I searched the fields and neighborhood, called the middle school (next door) and my dad. He mentioned that Haley had been out once and he put her back in. Apparently someone had opened one of the gates. But in asking about the puppy, he said, "What puppy?". So we looked and looked, put up signs, called the city office, etc. Nothing turned up.
On the day of Bronsen's birthday (about a week later) Steve's mom told me that they had gone and got a new puppy. Well about 30 minutes after talking to her, our neighbor who is a police officer, came by with a puppy that had been turned in to the city. He thought it might be the one missing. It was. Hallelujah, we found the puppy, only now there were two. Well they took both puppies home and all was great. Except they had two dogs when they only really wanted one.
So I have what I think is about the funniest puppy story in the world. Steve's parents' dog ran away while they were in Cabo a couple of months ago, so they finally replaced it with another little lab mix. A couple of days after getting the puppy they were headed to Phoenix and asked if we could puppy sit their little dog. That's where things started going down hill. They dropped him off around 6:30 a.m. we introduced him to our lab, Haley, and they seemed to get along together well. After the kids played with him for a while and he had two separate accidents on my carpet he went outside to spend the day with Haley. At 10:00 I had to go get Bronsen from preschool and run some errands. When I got home around 11:00 I went in the back yard to check on the puppy. As I turned the corner of the house the puppy was flying through the air and landed on the concrete sidewalk. He had climbed from the deck onto the brick ledge that went about 5-6 ft. up our house. So after getting the puppy settled I went on with my day. Until I heard a terrible yelping sound coming from the back yard. There sure enough the puppy was crying and bleeding and carrying on. Our dog Haley had bit his ear quite badly. So I cleaned him up, and needing to go visiting teaching I locked him in the downstairs bathroom.
Later that night we reintroduced the dogs and after sufficient monitoring and evidence that our dog was behaving herself, we let them spend the evening and night playing in the backyard together. The next day Steve decided that this was finally the weekend he was going to cash in on the promise he wrangled out of me that he got a boat if he was going to live in Blanding. So after the puppies had played together all day without any problems we called Steve's parents to ask if it was okay to leave them in the fenced yard for the weekend. They said yes, and we headed down to join them in Phoenix.
When we returned Monday morning there was no sign of the puppy. In a panic I searched the fields and neighborhood, called the middle school (next door) and my dad. He mentioned that Haley had been out once and he put her back in. Apparently someone had opened one of the gates. But in asking about the puppy, he said, "What puppy?". So we looked and looked, put up signs, called the city office, etc. Nothing turned up.
On the day of Bronsen's birthday (about a week later) Steve's mom told me that they had gone and got a new puppy. Well about 30 minutes after talking to her, our neighbor who is a police officer, came by with a puppy that had been turned in to the city. He thought it might be the one missing. It was. Hallelujah, we found the puppy, only now there were two. Well they took both puppies home and all was great. Except they had two dogs when they only really wanted one.
Then . . . yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from a little girl asking if we were looking for a puppy. I told her, "No, sorry we found our puppy last week." A few minutes later a neighbor from around the corner calls back and says that it was her little girl that had just called, and she wanted to make sure that we had found the puppy because the one they found matched the description so well. It had white on it's chest and back toes. (Just like the one returned by the police). I told her that was a crazy coincidence, but no, it wasn't our puppy. As our conversation continued she just happened to mention that this puppy they had been taking care of had a bite on it's ear and they had taken it to the vet. I was like,"Did you just say it had a cut on it's ear!?!!?!!!"
HOLY CRAP!! We had given back the wrong puppy!!! So now who knows, I'm waiting to hear what Steve's parents want to do, which of the three dogs they are going to keep and whether or not the neighbor with the real puppy wants to keep it.
So as a warning to you all. Never, never, ever trust the Snyders with your puppies. We will physically abuse them, lose them and you may just end up with three dogs instead of one.
HOLY CRAP!! We had given back the wrong puppy!!! So now who knows, I'm waiting to hear what Steve's parents want to do, which of the three dogs they are going to keep and whether or not the neighbor with the real puppy wants to keep it.
So as a warning to you all. Never, never, ever trust the Snyders with your puppies. We will physically abuse them, lose them and you may just end up with three dogs instead of one.
P.S. To all of you who have sent me your blogs to look at. I'm sorry but I didn't realize I needed to keep the URL for them. All I have is Bethany's and Jaye's. So if you're reading this and you have a blog please send it to me again. Thanks.
April 11, 2008 at 12:02 PM
hey ginger! Funny story about the dogs...here's our blog site
www.brandonandlizweilenmann.blogspot.com
really long huh...
Take Care,
Liz
April 11, 2008 at 12:41 PM
That's hilarious, Ginger! You're never going to watch our dog, oh wait, we don't have one!
April 11, 2008 at 2:00 PM
This is Hee-larious! I think the way you wrote it made it even funnier! It was pretty crazy yesterday when one of Paul's co-workers handed him a business card with Steve Snyder's name on it! It made his day! He misses Steve.
April 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM
and i miss you!
April 12, 2008 at 12:47 PM
Hey Ging, my mother in law has a few dogs I would like you to watch for me! ;) Our blog is laiciandtye.blogspot.com