Yikes! There's Two!!
Thursday, March 28, 2013
So the word is out! We are about 14 weeks pregnant with TWINS!!!
After a lot of talking, I convinced Steve that we should have one more shot at a sister for Sienna. He finally conceded and agreed to have one more baby. Actually I had decided this seemed like plenty to me too. So imagine our surprise when we went to visit Dr. Black at 13 weeks, and immediately saw two babies!
Talk about your head spinning!! It is so much to absorb. I didn't sleep more than 4 hours that night. I know for a lot of you the difference between 5 and 6 may seem insignificant, but it's huge to me. Bronsen will turn 9 next week. 6 kids in 9 years!! I'm feeling more than a little overwhelmed!
We went in for a confirmation ultrasound today in Monticello and again, there were two! Just like before. In the week that had passed between the Dr.'s visit ultrasound and today, I was starting to think that maybe the clinic had a gas leak or something and we were all hallucinating. But no, there's still two. And luckily they both seem to be doing very well. They actually measured the exact same size. We weren't planning on finding out the gender, but baby A wasn't hiding anything! He's all boy!! Not that this picture shows much of that! He's a little squishy looking.
Baby B appears to be a girl, but it's pretty early to tell. We're hoping she stays a girl though. Sienna has been very freely sharing our news with everyone and has been telling them from the first that it is a boy and a girl. Hopefully she's right.
The three older kids are super excited. I've been surprised how much they talk about it already. Kade is clueless about how much his life is about to explode. It's been a lot of fun to share the news with family and see their reactions. I've tried to start a journal about this adventure to remember all of the many feelings I have each day. Right now I feel like I know it will be a trial a lot of days, but will be a great blessing as well.
Now we're counting days until September when we get to meet these two little ones that just couldn't resist coming to our family.



March 29, 2013 at 6:36 AM
So I'm pretty much still freaking out at this news haha. That is so awesome and congratulations! You will be busy but you'll have so much fun as well, can't wait to meet them!
April 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Ginger I'm still floored. You are kidding me! I think it's those burritos we ate while we were together for TOFW. SO excited for you and nervous. Glad you have family there. I hope they can be a huge help!