The Elusive Gold!!  

Monday, March 11, 2013

I really wanted to share the video of this, but I seem to struggle with uploading videos to blogger. So pictures will have to do.  

Last week in the wrestling tourney at Monticello Steve was out of town and being the first matches of the season, the boys struggled a little.  Bronsen had an especially rough time and got pinned very quickly in both of his matches.  He has wanted a gold metal so bad ever since starting.  By the end of the tournament he felt totally defeated!  We know it's not about winning or losing and we try really hard to emphasize that with the kids, but when your little brother seems to get gold metals most of the time and you've never had one, it's a little rough.  

So on Saturday was the Blanding Brawl.  Parker did awesome and ended up with the gold in his bracket.  Bronsen's wrestling started in the afternoon.  I was so very nervous for him.  His first match he pinned the kid and came off the mat with the hugest smile ever.  I was working the table and will admit that I might have shed a few tears at his success.  I just wanted him to at least win one match and get some confidence back.  Then he won again and ended up in the championship with a kid that had pinned him in about 15 seconds last weekend.  This is where I needed the video!   He wrestled super hard and ended up winning by 1 point. He finally got his GOLD!!!  I am so proud of him!!!   He wrestled tough, listened to his dad's coaching, and didn't give up!  



Wrestling is such an intense sport for us moms, but it is so exciting when they succeed and it is all them!!   I'm sure the rest of the season will have it's ups and downs, but I couldn't be more thankful for how this day went!!  Love my boys!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ The Elusive Gold!! ”