Time Flies . .
Monday, March 16, 2009
I can' believe it is already the middle of March. I haven't been keeping up on my blogging very good lately. So here's some pictures from the last few weeks.
Grandma Brown had a stroke on her 86th birthday and passed away a few days later. We are so happy for her. I know she was ready to go and is probably really enjoying being with Grandpa again. Her funeral was on Saturday. Steve and I felt very blessed to be able to participate. Steve gave the family prayer and then the life history. I just did a piano solo. I was so proud of Steve. He's such a great example to his family. I know that someday his steadfast example will really pay off.
I do have to share one funny thing from the weekend. Parker asked Steve's mom where grandma was. Jeannine told him that she was with Jesus. Parker left for a few minutes then came back and told her, "Grandma, I can't find Jesus anywhere here." I guess he thought that if Grandma was with Jesus and he could see her then he ought to be able to see Jesus too. I love what kids say. It's one of my favorite parts of being a parent.
March 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM
I am so glad I am not the only mom that puts their kids in the laundry basket. When Nash was first born that was the only way I could go to the laundry room in our complex. I love the story about Parker and Jesus...too cute!
March 19, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Parker is so cute! Sienna in the laundry basket brings back a few memories.... She is such a doll!
March 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Sienna is so cute all warm and cozy. I meant to call you yesterday to wish you a happy birthday but got busy, sorry. SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a good one.
March 24, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Hey, hope phoenix was fun, and that you got a birthday present! ;) Sienna is way cute in that pile of clothes. It makes me want to sleep in a pile of clothes fresh out of the dryer:)