Labor Day Without The Labor!  

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

With the twins coming so soon, we decided that we'd better not venture too far for Labor Day this year.  But I still wanted out of the house and so we did a little staycation.  

Friday night Sienna made her dancing debut!  This is the first time I've actually signed her up for any sort of a dance class or camp.  She enjoyed the practices okay, but loved getting makeup on and performing.  


I couldn't get very good pictures between the wind and her wiggling.  She was feeling the beat the whole time she was out there.  She shook her groovy thing whether it was her turn to dance or not.  




Saturday we headed down to see some of the sites that I'm embarrassed to say I've never seen in all my years of living in San Juan County.  Our first stop was Sand Island and the Petroglyphs.  

I think this picture is classic.  Steve's comment, "Really, I have to put up with this already?"  I think he is actually with me though and loves that Bronsen has an affinity towards music of all kinds.  


Kids were all about pictures this day! 




After a picnic we planned to let the kids swim in the river for a while. We weren't thinking about the fact that it has rained quite a bit lately and the river was moving a little more than we anticipated.  Of course we didn't think about bringing life jackets, but they had fun even if we didn't let them get in too far.  



Then it was on to a drive through Valley of the Gods and Goosenecks State Park.  


Sunday Steve took the opportunity to teach Sienna to ride a 2 wheeler! She's very excited and proud of herself.  

Monday was spent at Foy Lake picnicing and fishing.  Parker caught the first fish right off the bat.  

Steve missed a lot of bites, but I think he pulled in a few.  

And Bronsen found his sweet spot as well where he snagged a few.  

I thought it was an enjoyable weekend.  It's nice to be able to get out and about without really doing too much.  I love that we live by the mountains and the desert because it provides such a variety of activities for us to enjoy.  

AddThis Social Bookmark Button