Basement Curtains  

Thursday, July 14, 2011

So this week I've been looking at drapery fabric for the basement. As most of you know, the basement has brown carpet and is currently painted a deep yellow/gold. The fireplace is a bit rustic looking I think. Anyway, I feel like it looks like it came from the 1970's instead of 2010. So this first fabric swatch was my plan, with adding some white crown moulding and wainscot. It would allow me to keep the wall color, add in some green, blue and orange to tie it all together. But then I showed it to Steve and he said, "I thought you were trying to get away from the 70's. That looks like it is straight from my Grandma's." I think that means that his grandma has good taste. Anyway, so I found some other fabrics that I like as well. I would appreciate a few honest opinions as to which is best.



1.
2.
3.
4.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Basement Curtains ”