More Than A Travelogue  

Sunday, January 18, 2009


This blog post comes from a number of directions. My mom made the comment to me that it's nice when people post more than just a travelogue of their day or week. I agree, a little depth to a blog is not a bad thing as long as it's sincere. Then Kristy had a brilliant "Sunday Post" with a great poem about the Savior. I think it's a good idea for us to share more than just what keeps us busy.

Last week in Young Women's, Sister Young brought a great plaque with a quote about following Christ. When I was preparing my visiting teaching message for this week I was reminded of the quote. I couldn't remember it exactly and my visiting teaching ladies wanted a copy of it. So tonight I looked it up and here is the real thing.


I think it is a great quote to be reminded of every day. How much would our daily actions change if we implemented this quote into our everyday lives? I want to get it in vinyl for my wall.

The visiting teaching message in general really stuck a cord with me this month. Sister Beck had such a great list of things we should be working on. They pretty much encompass all of my New Years Resolutions. I mentioned that I wanted to print them up and hang them next to my "to do list" so that they might gradually work their way higher in my priorities. Then my wonderful VT partner, Jennifer, stopped me at church and gave me a beautiful photo finish printout of Sister Becks quote. So here it is along with a link if you want to print it yourself.



http://www.theideadoor.com/RS/VT/2009/09%20Jan%20VT%202.pdf

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 comments: to “ More Than A Travelogue ”