Girls Camp
Friday, June 6, 2008
So here I am, sitting in my house with no husband, no little boys, nothing to do but blog. It's so great!! This week was girls camp and I was our ward camp director. Well we ended up coming home early because of the SNOW!!!! All of our girls were too wet and cold to spend another night. I must say I thought my aunt Stacey just asked me to do this because she's my aunt and knew I wouldn't say no. But even though I wasn't all that excited to begin with, I had a great time. I forget how powerful the spirit is and how much it can change our hearts. I'm so thankful for the chance that I had to get to know some amazing girls, and to have my testimony strengthened. I love the feelings of the spirit, I wish I could keep them that strong all day everyday. (Of course then I'd be blubbering all the time). But I am thankful for my testimony of Christ's gospel.
Now, I get to go pick up my boys from "the farm". Even though breaks are nice and refreshing. I miss those crazy kids and can't wait to see them and spend the day playing together.
June 6, 2008 at 8:52 AM
I can't beleive that you guys got snowed out! That is crazy! I do believe it is June right...
I'm glad that you like WA as well. Where did you guys go while you were there?
June 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM
How fun to be the camp director! You go, girl! Thanks for your testimony. Love ya!
June 13, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Seriously, who would have thought you had to plan around the snow in June? Crazy. I'm sure it was inspired for you to have that calling, you seem perfect for the job. Swimming was dang fun!